Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Eight thousand, fifty-three days (and still counting...)

That's approximately how long I've been married to my childhood sweetheart and best friend. We celebrated 22 years recently by heading north to Pittsburgh to catch a NATS game in impressive PNC Park. (He's wined and dined me at some of the best restaurants in resorts around. Enjoying a baseball game together for our anniversary was just as wonderful.)
Before the game, we had lunch on top of Mount Washington, took a ride on the Duquesne Incline, built in 1877 and still running, and walked around the city a bit.

(This Segway Tour along the Alleghany River was too funny not to snap a picture of.)
Heinz Field
My happy husband watching warm-ups and waiting for autographs.










We met precious few NATS fans up there. Funny how there is instant camaraderie with these folks when you're in the enemy's camp.


We had fantastic seats right behind the NATS dugout.





The Pittsburgh Pirates have the Perogies Race. We told the people in front of us that in DC we have the Presidents Race. He turned to his wife and said, "They have the Presidents Race and we have the Perogies Race. What does that say about us?"




We happened to be there on Fireworks Night - a very impressive fireworks show at the end of the game over the Ohio River which you can see from your seat in the stadium.
It was a wonderful weekend. There's nowhere else I would have rather been than with you, my friend. Actually, considering that I've known you since I was, *gulp*, thirteen it's really more like 11,315 days that you've been my best friend. (Wow! We're old, dear.)
Happy Anniversary!!

: This post is dedicated to fellow diehard NATS fans, young Andrew T. and Dre & Becca K. :

4 comments:

Dre said...

awesome pictures!

i love the close ups on all the action!

Kelley Murphy said...

Aww that is so great! I think if Josh and I met when we were 13, we would not be married. God is sovereign.

TK said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the pics!

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.