Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The first one

There's something about your firstborn. Everything she does is an experiment. She's the one breaking ground for the others. She's the one who bears the brunt of our mistakes for the benefit of her sisters, with great grace I might add. She's the one who wasn't allowed to do things until 13 that her little sisters now do at 7. And she's the one who has set a godly example for them to follow that makes her dad and me delighted beyond description. Elise, you're one of my favorite people to spend time with. I pray for you daily that you would fall more in love with your Savior than you already are. When I grow up, I want to be like you. I love you, girlie.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"She's the one who wasn't allowed to do things until 13 that her little sisters now do at 7"

..like dragging moms fancy chair collection out on the lawn :D

A wise son brings joy to his father, but a foolish man despises his mother. Proverbs 15:6

Kelley Murphy said...

"She's the one who wasn't allowed to do things until 13 that her little sisters now do at 7"

...like watching Star Wars for the first time with Evan when he was 4. (Yeah that would have made me 14.)

Proverbs 31:30
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

I respect you, Elise, so much!

Lydia Jane said...

she's beautiful :)